Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Garrett is 5

Yes it's hard to believe it's been 5 years since our Halloween baby arrived.  I'm not sure if it's his day after Halloween birthday that makes him love dressing up in costumes 365 days a year but it makes me giggle every time I see him in some sort of superhero get-up.  I hope he doesn't grow out of that stage for a really long time.  

Garrett also dislikes his picture being taken, not sure why but he does.  He's fine with it until it come right to the moment of pointing the camera at him and then crabby Garrett comes out.  We can bride and threaten till we're blue in the face, it won't work.  

Shannon did a really good job of talking to Garrett and telling him that being a good boy and smiling quick he'd be able to put his new costume on, since it would mess up his hair if he wore it to Grandmas house.  

He sits down and one smile.......... and of course I'm not quite ready....... and he's done.

So picture number 1 had to be saved even though I had to crop up close.


Then he sat and gave me the Garrett look that I'd better hurry up and get this over with.


No more smiles and he started to pout, but I love this one.


Again grumpy Garrett and there is no talking him into smiling


Here is when I stood up and told him that one more quick smile and I was done, this is the look of him telling me that he knows I won't be done.  


Okay Grandma wins, I got one more smile and just one more....


I'm not lying when I say I have 2 pictures of him smiling and 12 other photos that capture his grumpy stage.  He's just no fun but ohhhhhh when he can put on a costume that's a different story, he's all into that.


And even though you can't see it I'm more than positive he's smiling under that mask.......   URGHHHHH that boy....... that's why I Love him, he's our G-Man




No comments: