Wednesday, September 7, 2011

More Jazzed Up Junk

Shannon wanted a few items for her house and of course she thought Mom could make them look more fun than they were so she brought over a side table, sewing cabinet and requested a room divider so Miss El couldn't watch tv while doing her homework.  

I didn't take a picture of the table before, it was a boring tan with a stain on the top. Here it is after I got done with it.  Shan is a yellow girl and it's going in her bedroom so she she got yellow all right.  I thought it was kinda bright but after it was done I could have kept it.



Now the room divider I thought would be a challenge but the first garage sale I went to I found this.


Not really my style and not near as Jazzing as Miss El wanted.   Here is the divider all jazzed up in Elly colors with her blue desk for doing homework and her fun chair.   It looks perfect in their toy/homework room.  The table was missing handles so I used fun ribbons, that totally makes the desk fun.  I didn't take a picture of the desk before either but that was brown gross wood that was totally beat up as well.


You might recognized the backless chair from the treasure hunt post from last night.  Just a little sanding and a coat of wax and it was too cute.


All these treasures were delivered on Monday, which makes room for more projects...... what's next??

No comments: