Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I shan't go to work....

I have a sign on my garden shed that reads

"I shan't go to work today.... my hollyhocks are blooming"

I would have hundreds of hollyhocks if I would let them grow.  I pull them out like weeds but many of them grew this year and started blooming but I still dug them up (while blooming.... insert gasp) on Saturday and threw them away..... I still have lots of hollyhocks growing in places where they shouldn't be.  Now I'm really not liking the hollyhocks but I deal with it, thinking when they are done blooming I am digging every single one of the up and throwing them away.  I'm done with hollyhocks!!!

So now Tuesday morning I get an e-mail from my neice and this is all it says 
"Connie, your hollyhocks are BEAUTIFUL".  

I sent her back a reply and gave her a piece of my mind, yep I told her where the bear ____ in the woods.......I guess I won't be throwing them away after all....... okay they are very, very pretty and make a huge statement in the gardens, why won't they behave? 




2 comments:

Patti said...

I LOVE hollyhocks!!!! I wish I had somewhere to put them because then I could come and rescue them from you. For some reason they make me think of back when we were kids, I'm not sure why.

Anonymous said...

After our patio deck is poured, I could find a place for any misbehaving flowers you may have!! Sara Emmerich