Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of the last year of school

Here it is again the first day of school, their summer break just flew by. I asked Adam what his favorite thing was while on break. He said "Spending so much time with my Mom and Dad, I really enjoyed being able to spend the afternoon and evening with them to talk about all the important things happening in my life right now. Since this is my last year of school I really need to keep them informed of everything I do. They are my best friends and I will live with them until I'm 30"

snap, snap, snap.... oh that's my answer not his, that's right he slept here and we never got to talk to him unless we communicated through notes... and with Adam's dyslexia that was sometimes challenging for both of us. I didn't really ask him that question and I would now but... yep you guessed it... he's not home right now.
When the kids were all in school John and I took the first week of school off to get some outside and inside stuff done without having kids under our feet. We loved that time off and we got so much stuff done and got to have some us time too. In the last couple of years we decided that a week off for Shan and Adam to go to school, and us time probably wasn't needed anymore, but I still need to take their picture on the first day so we still stayed home on the 1st day. Today was no different, I had to take my little boys picture and he was so happy I was there..... We'll see what happens next year, I'm thinking we'll be taking vacation just because.
Here's Adam on his 1st day of his last year.... sniff, sniff, sniff
And just for those of you that think he still looks the same.... here is his last year picture and this year together. He's turned into a young man. Where's my smiling little boy??

5 comments:

The Rau's said...

Oh my gosh, he does look different. Like even the shape of his head/face changed. He really looks like your brother Wally in this years picture! I have to go back and look at it again. LOLj123

The Rau's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rau's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Wow, Adam's senior year! He seemed so young the first time we met you guys in Oregon...it doesn't seem like he could be a senior already! And doesn't he have his braces off now?? Now is when he should be smiling!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow- what a difference. And what no hat??? LOL

L