Sunday, September 14, 2008

Can she come over and play??

I called Shan on Friday and asked when El could come over and play.... I miss her more than I can explain. Going from seeing her everyday of her 5 years to seeing her once a week, if I'm lucky, is not easy for Grandma.
I know the change has been good for her, and I can list 5 of them right off the top of my head
1 - She's grown up so much in the last 3 months and I see it now, she is getting so tall!!
2 - She has learned how to play by herself, I had to play with her every minute she was here
3 - She gives me huge hugs and lots of kisses the minute she sees me, before it was whimpy hugs
4 - She has to go to her bedroom and find out what's changed, before she didn't go unless I took her, and yes she still has a bedroom at my house. I'm not sure she'll let me change it.
5 - She asks so politely for snacks and juiceboxes, before she cried for them until we all gave in
And a bonus #6 for Uncle Adam
6 - She makes his bed for him every time she's here, today she changed it up and put the camo blanket on the top and the green one on the bottom. We don't know why she does this for him, but he loves it.
We all miss her here even though Grandpa and Adam act like tough guys they turn into mush the minute she's here. Now can I name 5 things that I notice about myself since she doesn't come here everyday.
1 - When I come home from work I can do what I want and get things done for myself
2 - I miss her terribly, and when I see her it's so much fun
3 - I don't have to buy so many snacks...... darn there's no excuse now!!
4 - I don't feel guilty for not coming home from work, when she was here I felt bad when she would leave and not see me
5 - I really have adjusted to this very well, I didn't think I would do very well, and to be honest I didn't think El would adjust either, but we really have and I'm proud of both of us.
Here's my sweet lil' Elly Girl


She's doesn't run from the camera anymore either, she actually asked me to take pictures of her today.
She can still wear her Oregon Ducks Sweatshirt that I bought for her when she was 1 year old.... she has been wearing it for 4 years and I think she has another year or two left.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Elly is a joy to have around. The day she spent here we got to enjoy her bubbly conversations and Tyler was thrilled to get to play with her all day. Although I think Elly was more interested in the baby.