Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Growing up :(

It's really hard for me to accept that Adam is growing up. Today he got a letter for a college to come talk with him at school next week. I had a hard time with the girls growing up too, where did the years go, it was just yesterday that I was picking up toys every night, getting jammies on and having a reminder holler up the steps that it was time for sleeping not talking. I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to it. Why do they have to grow up? I try to remember that we raised our children to stretch their wings and learn how to fly on their own... We have done that quite well with 2 already so our parenting skills so far have been successful.


I'm not sure how long these trucks and Lego's will sit in the hallway but they are a nice reminder of our son still having a little boy in him yet. Masking tape for roads, hot wheels lined up, Lego's built into masterpieces. I pick them up every once in a while thinking it will be my last time but they always seem to find their way back out of the totes and lined up ready for someone to drive them around the new tape roads.



2 comments:

Lynn said...

How did you get your white border?? I only know a very hard complicated way to do it... I have to make a white box and then make a black box inside it. Or do lines, and I don't like doing lines they never do what I want!

I giggle every time I go upstairs and see Adam's cars still out. So glad that you had enough emotional strength to remove them from the steps! I do recall them being left there A LOT and having to skip steps to avoid stepping on them! :)

The Rau's said...

Looks like my house. I honestly don't mind the Hot Wheel cars, they play with them a lot. I don't know how they drove them around before Adam taught them about masking tape roads. They seriously asked for masking tape for Christmas!! If you do ever miss picking them up, you are more than welcome to come to my house and put some away...I find them EVERYWHERE!!!