Sunday, January 27, 2008

Frosty Morning

This morning was really frosty so after breakfast with family we stopped along the road to take a few pictures. I did a rule of thirds study with a funky looking tree. I don't think the 2 trees on each side of it helped my experiment.





The rule of thirds is to split your picture into thirds by equal widths and lengths, place the subject onto any of the 4 interlocking points. Subjects placed in the center of the photo can produce a dull photograph, therefore the pictures with the funky tree on the right or left should please your eye vs. the centered tree. What do you think?
Center subject

Right Rule of Thirds
Left Rule of Thirds

I would have to say the Left.... but I kinda like the center one, maybe this isn't such a good subject for rule of thirds.


And since I skipped Saturday I'll post another picture. This is the Hemmer hunting shack from the road.
This is the picture in pastels.

1 comment:

The Rau's said...

That picture of the doghouse should be on the front of a postcard or framed. I love all of your pictures. Great job.