Sunday, January 6, 2008

Best Burger Ever

Applebee's Quesadilla Burger Recipe Cracking
If you could only smell and taste this burger. The first time I had it was with Starla, Gayle and Jeannie during a shopping trip. We stopped for supper at Applebees and all had this fantastic Quesadilla Burger, I brought home half of it and John ate the leftovers and dreamed about it until we finally got down to Marshfield one night and he got to have his own. They are the best and it must be good coming from a girl who's food can't touch! Well today on my way home from the gym I was craving a burger, any burger was fine with me, I'm not sure if it's the weight lifting that is making me crave meat but that's all I can think of when I'm hungry. I used to be happy with anything but meat, a chicken breast once every 2 weeks was enough meat for me, now I want nothing but meat. Anyway.... since I don't feel like driving for my favorite burger I decide to try to make them at home. One word sums it all up "SUCCESS". I'll even share my recipe with all of you, it's fantastic.

Mexi-Ranch Dressing
1 T Salsa
3 T Ranch Dressing
Mix together
Yes Applebees Mexi-Ranch dressing is that easy and taste exactly like theirs.
Quesa Filling
3 cups Tomato's chopped
4 T Onion chopped
3 T Jalapeno chopped
2 T Cilantro chopped
2 T lime juice
1 Clove Garlic minced
Mix together
Connie's addition to the burger
Green Pepper chopped
Red Pepper chopped
Red Onion chopped
1 Garlic Clove minced
Jalapeno Pepper chopped
Saute in fry pan until done.
Now to start the assembly process
- Grill burgers with McCormick Broiled Steak Seasoning until done.
- 1 T olive oil in saute pan with high heat, fry tortilla shells (2) in hot oil until browned
- Place 1 shell on plate
- Quesa filling
- lettuce
- Mexi-Ranch dressing
- Burger
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Connie's pepper mix
- Mexi-Ranch dressing (again? yes)
- 2nd shell
You'll have to cut them in half and use a fork to eat them, they are very messy but sooooo worth it.

My version of the Best Burger at Applebee's

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG-does that look de lis!!!1 Now all have to do is want for an invite over or make a trip to Applebees. Keep up the great POTD- I love them!!

Lisa