Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Singing Stars and I am my mother

Saturday was Mallory's birthday party and she is all about music.  Anything that has to do with music she wants it.  She wanted a guitar for her birthday in the worst way.... so of course Grandma found her a pink guitar.  Lynn and Jesse got her a Karaoke machine with two microphones and her other grandparents got her a expensive speaker system with a microphone.  Some of her other gifts were CD's, recorders, and books.  She had to break out the mics right away and put in the Lady Antebellum CD.  She is a very shy little girl but not with a mic in her hand.  She sang that entire CD and knows every song and every word to every song.  El knew 3 of the songs so she sang with her for those but the rest she was the dancer.  We sat in lawn chairs and listened to her for at least 2 times through the CD, some of the neighbors even stopped what they were doing to watch and listen to her.  I took video on Lynn's camera so maybe she will post one of them.  It was the coolest thing ever to see a little 3 year old singing on the mic and know every word to the songs.  This Grandma had tears during Mallory's first outdoor concert.

Here is Mallory with El as her sign language interpreter  :)




Mallory was giving me the look that she didn't want her picture taken but she just can't stop singing to tell me.  



She stood like this almost the whole time with her leg bent and heel up.   Such a poser for the stage already. 







So I have a very embarrassing story for you all.  I am my mother and I can't stop it.... as much as I try and as crazy as I knew my mother was I just can't stop doing stupid stuff.  WHY???  I'll tell you why..... because I am my mother.  It's not my fault that I do this stuff and the worst part..... since I'm so much like my mother I share these embarrassing stories with you.  I could save myself the embarrassment and keep them to myself but NOOOOOO I can't.   So if you don't want to know the stupid stuff about me you can close this post now... don't read on.


This weekend I got sunburned again, I put on sunscreen but I still burn and I hate it.  So I need to buy some lotion to hopefully keep my skin not looking like an old ladys that was in the sun too much.  I'm at the gym this morning and after my shower I got out my new lotion and rubbed it all over my arms, stomach, legs, shoulders, feet but this new lotion is really thick and white so it takes a bit more rubbing than normal lotion..... hummmm must be some good stuff I bought since it's for toning and I need all the help I can get so if lotion tones what the heck right?  I even had to take my towel and wipe some of the lotion off my arms because I couldn't rub it all in.  So I put my shirt on, do my make up, comb my hair and all the while I'm thinking... hummmm this lotion is really wet feeling.  Now I have my hair products in and for some reason I glanced into my gym bag and see the lotion bottle and the label hit me......... it wasn't lotion it was body SOAP.  Yes I rubbed soap all over my dry body and now I have a thick layer of yuck that will turn into bubbles with the slightest sweat I might muster up with my first day of a 3 day audit.  Well since I had my make up done and my hair products in another shower was out of the question so I tried to rub off the soap with a towel, it's not working.  The next best thing is to use the sink in the bathroom of the locker room and wash it off.  So off comes my shirt and I start to lather up in the sink like a bird in a birdbath.  Water splashing everywhere since I'm now in a hurry to not be late for work.  I have my upper body washed off but need to do my legs so I throw a leg up onto the sink and begin washing off the soap and of course during all this I didn't shut the bathroom door because no one ever comes in the locker room with me for the 3 years that I've been going there.  But of course today I hear the door open up and YEAH I'm standing there leg in the sink dripping wet in my bra and underwear.   How on earth do you explain this????  You don't you just smile at the little old lady who came in for her sweatshirt and say..... Have a good day when she leaves, and she turns around and smiles at me.   I think she knew my mother :)

All day I could feel my wet yucky skin touching my clothes, body wash doesn't get dry just in case you ever want to try this.  The good part of this..... I won't have to use soap in the shower tomorrow morning and it's a good thing it's my day off from the gym or I'd have bubbles dripping off me during boot camp.  

Note:  I woke up this morning and thought oh I have a point that makes me not feel quite as silly.  When I bought the lotion I read the bottle for the moisturizing and right next to it was the bottle for toning and after reading the lotion bottle I walked away with it but then thought - I like the color of the toning bottle better and toning sounds like it can't be a bad thing.... it's lotion so it has to moisturize and if I can get both in a prettier bottle what the heck..... so I went back and without reading it replaced it with the bottle in my hand.  AND John was sitting outside in the Jeep waiting for me so I couldn't waste the time to read a second bottle......right?

No comments: