Saturday, February 19, 2011

Silly kids

The kids had a sleep over tonight and they are so silly.  I love spending the time with them, we can't help but laugh at them the whole time.  Garrett loves to play with Adam's Lego's but usually has to do it upstairs because of Mallory.  Mallory wasn't here so it took lots of talking to convince him that we could bring some of the Lego's downstairs to play.  He finally did and had to have a little table set up right in front of Grandpa's racing.  Miss El is a Lego lover too, she set up right across from him. 


Garrett loves to pick on his sister, but he's so darn cute... he uses his one finger to tap her toe.


There are two toy totes that I brought down for Garrett.  One is the toy tote for him and Mallory and the other one is Adam's one hundred million matchbox cars which includes one thousand broken cars, five hundred thousand loose wheels, numerous tiny screwdrivers, one hundred super balls, and who knows what else.  This totes is what little boys are made of because all little boys that come to our house when I bring this tote down for them to explore they dig in there for hours.  (I love the sound of little boys digging in matchbox cars or Legos) Garrett is 100% boy!!  While he's digging he brings me a super ball and says "No ReeRee" and as he points to his open mouth "Choke".  I have to take the super ball and put it on the counter so Mallory (ReeRee) doesn't choke.  Ahhhhh such a sweet cousin, he's always trying to protect her, but remember ReeRee is not here.  I thought this was really sweet of him until it became a very long night with everything in that tote that ReeRee could choke on....... if she were here, which she wasn't. 

They both went to bed very well tonight after a little talk about not being able to stay up late at Grandma's if she didn't want to get grounded again...... but at 5:01 Miss El comes into our room and says Garrett is up already and I can't find him.  As John and I jump out of bed (thinking to myself how am I ever going to tell Shan that we lost her little boy somewhere in the house, I'm sure he's here somewhere we just have to find him.  We put him somewhere where we wouldn't forget where we put him.....honest) we run downstairs and Garrett is standing right next to the couch, right where he was all night long.  "Elly I thought you said he was missing"..... "Oh no I meant to say he was awake". 

Okay so we're all wide awake now, it's time to start the day.  Thank goodness for Tom and Jerry being on so early in the morning.

2 comments:

jules said...

I have that exact same container of cars at my house of Andy's. I think there's just as many pieces and parts in there as there are cars....I can't wait to let Jack dig into that when he's a little older.

Lynn said...

Garrett's first sleep over!! These two kids are something else! They make me giggle!