Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Lunch Guest

I had a lunch guest this week, he (well I assume he's a he) shared our hour together.  I ate my hot homemade chicken soup and he ate cold hard corn.  I sat in the warm house and his little tail blew around from the cold wind.  After I watched him for awhile I decided we had something in common.  He is separating his corn from the cob before he eats it, I don't think he likes it touching.   I sat on the floor in front of the patio door with him sitting on the deck right in front of me.  



I left a note for John on the counter.  "Hun, if you are baiting for a squirrel to eat the corn you left on the deck it's working.  I ate lunch with him and he's kinda cute and I think he likes me.  I know you really don't like him so I told him to scram before you got home"  "P.S. I think baiting on the deck is a little too close to the house ;)"

We haven't seen him since.

No comments: