Thursday, April 15, 2010

Feel the burn

So today as my alarm is going off at 4:50, yep in the AM, I throw my body out of bed and when my legs hit the floor they scream in pain.  I lunge for the snooze button and throw myself back in bed for a beautiful 9 more minutes.  4:59AM again the alarm screams at me to get up, I stretch, moan, stretch some more and drag my body out from under the warm covers.  I eat a half a banana, pee, pluck my eyebrows, brush my teeth, throw on some shorts and a t-shirt and try to control my blonde mess in a ponytail holder just so I can go to the gym and be tortured with Boot Camp.   My muscles are screaming with every move I make, my legs are burning and I can't breath and Jen says "can you feel the burn"  Are you kidding me I felt it 35 minutes ago on the drive here while pressing the gas pedal!!  I love the gym but haven't gone for over 2 years so getting back into muscular and physical shape is hard work and I said I would never go in the mornings since I am NOT a morning person but here I am going to the gym in the morning and secretly liking it.  My muscles have gotten stronger or I've become numb to the pain.  I can now move from a sitting position to standing without saying "ouch" so we're making progress here.  Tonight I laid on the lawn to take my POTD and had flash backs of all the push ups, squats, jumping jacks and lunges we did this morning and broke into a cold sweat.  For those that have not had the pleasure of joining a gym class it's something you must try once in your life, it's like a drug that you have to have everyday and the days you don't have it you feel guilty. 

I feel so good I may just tell John to sell the lawn mower and I'll trim the grass with a scissors...... see I told you it was like being on drugs!


1 comment:

Patti said...

AAAHHH the joys of Boot Camp. I went the other day and I felt like I was on the biggest loser. You know the part when they run out of the gym and throw up!! Fun Fun

Keep up the good work!