Thursday, August 7, 2008

Skunk Update

So you all are as bad as John..... who cares what's happening to the skunk? It's a skunk, he can make you stink really really bad in less than 1 second which is about the time you need to lift the lid, stick your head over the opening and check to see if he's still in there and he see's the whites of your eyes lifts his tail and you guessed it sprays you with skunk juice....just because you need to know if he's still in there???? WHERE DO YOU THINK HE'S GONNA BE??
I call on my way home and as always drill John with questions about his day, what he's doing, do you miss me, do you love me, what are we doing tonight, what's Adam doing, what did Adam do at work, where is Adam, where did Adam go, (It's the "E" in me, I can't help it, it's what I do) Of course John has the answers to his questions but always says "I don't know" to the questions about Adam... I ask him "Don't you two talk to each other?"

John - Yes we talk
Me - Well if you talk why don't you know any of this stuff
John - Tonight I said your car is leaking oil and he said it's not from MY car
Me - You call that talking to each other????
John - Yes
Me - I really think you two need bonding time you two really need to talk to each other
John - I do we had bonding time tonight
Adam (in background) - I didn't bond with dad that's gross
Me - hee, hee, hee (I love it when them two do things together)
Me - What did you do?
John - Went to the woods.... (keep reading for story)
So just for all you curious folks out there that need to know I'll tell you. The reason I know is because it was driving John crazy too, so he takes his clean smelling son, Adam, with him to the woods to help him check on the status of the skunk in the garbage can. They get to the can and John (brave father that he is) stands a long ways away from the can and talks Adam into picking up the lid to check what he's curious about.
Adam being the wiser of the two at the moment finds himself a really, really long stick (sounds more like a branch or maybe even an entire small oak tree) to be a safe distance away from the can and tips it over...... OH NO!! Nothing happens, the skunk doesn't move, it doesn't run with it's tail flopping from right to left spraying everything in it's path just to make sure it gets the person or thing that put him in that can.... nothing!!

So my brave men walk closer to the can to check things out, Adam, remember he has a high sense of dealing with issues in a different way than most, decides to throw rocks at it just to see if it moves.... yeap sounds good to John. URGGGHHHH it's alive, it's moving, now what?? They try to scare it out of the can to see how it's feeling, remember it's been in the can since Sunday night and sitting in the hot sun with a cover on top since Monday. Well it won't come out of the can, Adam continues to bang on the can with his really long stick and John keeps his distance just in case (my brave knight).
Well I'm not happy to report but they didn't have another choice, John had to put the skunk down and they both came back home still smelling like men are suppose to smell after a big day of father son bonding.

Since I don't have a new picture for tonight here's a picture of Adam at the Doghouse when he was so cute and snuggly and actually liked to be with his mom and dad, as a matter of fact when John said "I'm going to the Doghouse" you better get out of the way because Adam was running for the pick-up. His dad was not allowed to go anywhere without him, what happened Adam??? Remember you said that you would always spend time with your dad and uncles no matter how old you got!!

1 comment:

The Rau's said...

I thought for sure you were going to tell us that Adam got sprayed. Funny story.