Friday, August 8, 2008

Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate

That's the name of this flower, it grows from the seeds of the flower so in the spring there's millions of them and you have to pull hundreds out of the ground, but then in August they start to bloom and take over my heart.
I decided I needed to use my new lens and figure out how to use it without getting blur and what's it's best use is. Well this picture is stunning, as were all my other 95 pictures that I practiced with, I think I finally figured it out. It may have taken me a couple hours but all my reading has paid off. Check out the depth of field (blurred background) it makes the flower the main focus and your eye doesn't wander anywhere else. The background is a bush and lawn but you'd never know it.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

What a fun name!! I like it too! Next time you find yourself pulling out hundreds... call me. I'll come pull and plant in my yard! : ) I think I just want it so I can tell people that it is called Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate!