Sunday, February 17, 2013

Kayla the Dancer

I've known Kayla for as long as I can remember.  She started dancing at age 4 and has performed in so many Nutcracker's that I'm sure she could do all the parts in her sleep.  

For 2012 she was a busy girl with all the costume changes and did the solo.  I've had the pleasure of attending her shows and she amazes me with her talent.  It's very natural for Kayla to dance and her family is certainly very proud of her.  

Before she takes back all her costumes she wanted to remember them so we took a few from each.  There are so many favorites I'm having a hard time narrowing them down so I'm sharing only 2 with you tonight and more will be coming later this week.  



I think the most beautiful moment is when Kayla puts on her shoes.  She didn't really understand this but let me capture the moment anyway.  I'm sure she has put on those shoes a million times and to her it's not the fun part of the whole dance.



Dance like nobody's watching
Love like you've never been hurt
Sing like nobody's listening
Live like it's heaven on earth

No comments: