Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Random Pic

One photo from my camera walk tonight...... I might add it was cooooooold out there with that nasty wind.


We'll try something with my random photos, not that I'm an expert at this but I'll share with you the "why's" I like the photo and what it's speaking creatively to me.  Remember it's only my opinion not a rule.  If you want to try this before reading the below paragraph stop right here..... go back up to the photo and pay attention to where your eye starts with the photo and where it ends. 

Okay now read on....

Having the orange rust color circled in the black tire draws my eye right to that center area of the tire.  The black rubber makes my eyes follow around the circle until they get to the weeds.   The out of focus weeds in the foreground leaning to the right carries my eyes to the bars on the front of the tractor (both bars), bounces them off the top of the photo and then back down onto back bars hitting the tall straight weeds and ending on the bottom left of the photo.  With this photo my eyes keep moving looking at the whole photo vs getting stuck on one area.  Try this with other photos and pay attention to why you like the photo and I bet most of the time it's because your eyes keep moving.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked it because it's rusty!
Elaine