Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grandkids heal everything

Tonight I come home and there is a pair of broken glasses laying on the cupboard, a broken pellet stove, a cold house and a really upset husband lying on the floor trying to see without his glasses to put the stove back together.  Oh boy do I know the signs without any words that things aren't going well.   Now how am I going to ask what happened..... you're right, it's best to ignore what you see and be really, really quiet.  Then Shan drives in with the kids, I stop Garrett-Man from jumping on him for his big bear hug, I tape El's mouth shut so she can't ask questions and we all sit quietly minding our own business.....  He finally gets so upset that he can't see {he's blind as a bat without glasses} that he puts his broken glasses back together with fish line but doesn't bother to cut the excess off so he's got fish line hanging down his face while he manages to fix the pellet stove.  After everything is fixed, this is what Grandpa gets for a reward.


Oh no as I'm typing this the pellet stove is making a bad noise again.....

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Were you brave enough to ask how he broke his glasses? : )