Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Getting back to the bricks

Okay so my POTD was to post a Photo Of The Day and I sure haven't been doing that lately.  That is what I loved to do and why I've been doing it for 3 years so as boring as the photos may be I'm gonna try pounding the bricks again, which I might have to do on my lunch since it's like o'dark thirty before I leave work.

Along with my POTD always came some stupid boring stories that made you yawn your way through until you finally got to see the photo.  So I have a couple of them stored up to share in this one post.  First let's talk about how totally embarrassed my mother-in-law made me last weekend at an anniversary party in front of lots of people.  I made the mistake of asking how she was {note to self------wait for private moment to ask about health issues}  She proceeded to tell me how she was and the redder I got the more she detailed she explained the situation.  Don't worry I'll spare you the story but you can bet that the drive home John got to hear as he held his hands over his ears, driving with his elbows and yelling LALALALALALALALALALALA  Gotta love em', she still makes me smile now that I'm not in front of 12 other listening ladies.

2nd story - Sunday night we went to bed and I whined about not wanting to get up for exercise class.  So at 4:45 the alarm goes off and I get out of bed, walk across the bedroom, hit the snooze, walk back to the bed, crawl back under the covers for 7 more minutes.... that's all I want is 7 more minutes.  Well 6:20 I wake up, I missed class, heck I almost missed work for crying out loud.  So I take my work-out clothes with me and have all intentions to go during my lunch.  Nope that didn't happen I went to 8th Street for a burger instead.  While eating the burger I think..... I can go after work.  Yeah that didn't happen either, I had all day to talk myself out of it and make up excuses why I shouldn't go.  Of course they were all for my own good and really reasonable.... promise.   I did make it back Tuesday morning, of course with lots snoring from the class when I walked in.  It's a tough crowd there.


No comments: