Friday, November 26, 2010

Early Morning Shopper

Those darn early Black Friday shoppers.... why are they so excited and nervous about the whole idea of getting up super early to get the best deals of the season, stand outside in the cold, fight the crowds, haul those huge boxes around just to stand in a check out line that wraps all the way around the store.  I just don't get it.... I am one of those early Black Friday Shoppers but I'm so relaxed about the whole thing.

Here I am getting a really restful nights sleep.


Okay so I sleep in my clothes on the couch, tie my alarm clock to my belly and hummmmm Christmas carols all night until the first chime on the alarm wakes me and sends me flying around the house getting ready before my sisters pick me up to spend the early morning hours shopping for great deals that I need none of but it's so fun I just can't miss it.

As we're walking into Target I slam my face against the glass and beg for Gayle to take my picture so I can send it to the Target commercial lady (she's my idol).  Well no picture, they just walk away from me like I'm crazy..... who knew?

We shop and as I'm walking out with this huge box and 7 target bags wrapped around my fingers.  I peak over the box to make sure I don't trip over anyone and I see this guy I eyeball him up from one end to the other.  I can't take my eyes off his... you know what...... it's GINORMOUS.   He notices me, our eyes lock and it's love at first sight (well for me anyway) I have all I can do to hang onto this huge box, my purse and the bags cutting off the circulation in my fingers, I think I might have to accidentally run into him just so I can have it touch me..... but then it happens....... he talked to me.  I still can't take my eyes off his......... 
Canon camera with a really, really nice lens. 
Guy with really ginormous you know what - "Excuse me, may I take your photo"
Me - "What, are you kidding me I didn't shower this morning, my hair is a mess, I can't see over this box, and my fingers are a deep shade of purple" breath "Sure"
Guy - "Great just keep walking and ignore me"
Me thinking - {Yeah right you have a really huge.....}
Me - "Okay, where do you want me to walk"
Guy - "Where ever you were going to go"
Me - "Okay, this is weird"
Guy - {500 beautiful shutter sounds}
Me - "Wow you're taking lots of frames per minute, what kind of camera do you have"
Guy and Me - {Lots of camera talk that I won't bore you with as it's only 10 degrees outside and my sister Gayle is freezing}
Guy takes a notebook out of his pocket, you know the kind like in the movies with the spiral wire on the top and he flips it open grabs a pencil from his ear, taps it onto the notebook to force it down into his fingers for writing - "What is your name and where are you from"
Me - "Oh boy, where are you from?"
Guy - "The Marshfield News Herald"
Me - "Oh great, if you put me on the front page without a shower that will not be a good thing"
Guy - {laughing}
Me - "I wasn't kidding"

Okay so let's skip to Saturday night about 5:00 - My girlfriend calls me on my cell phone and says "Connie Hemmer I hope that big gift is for me"  Oh no you're kidding me....... Front page and she says like an 11x14..... I haven't seen it yet but at least on line it's really small.

Now if only I would have gotten that guys number.....

Here's the link to the story, only one picture.  I'm not sure what he did with the other 499.  here

2 comments:

Patti said...

lol.... This is hilarious!! I'm sure you and Bayle had fun shopping. It must have been hard to understand her name coming thru her chattering teeth in the cold.

Lynn said...

I know I wasn't suppose to look... but I looked and I have no idea what is in the box. : ) This is the perfect Black Friday story!!