Thursday, August 12, 2010

Zo-e-Shield Windows


I love, love these hot days, it could be like this from May till October and I would be one happy camper.  When we put new windows in our house about 2 years ago they talked us into Zo-e-shield windows.  They were the best, they would keep the heat in during the winter and the heat out during the summer, which would save on the energy bill..... we're talking $$$ here so what the heck we go for it. 

So here's my review.  Today is the first day EVER that we actually closed the windows, we normally open the windows all summer long to let the heat in or our house is cold inside.  I really dislike the windows in the spring and fall, they don't let any heat from the sun in to warm up the house.  I am a big lover of curling up in the window sunshine just to soak up the heat..... that's not happening anymore, there is no heat coming through these windows.  The sunshine is still there but it's difussed, it's like our house is wearing expensive sunglasses.  I don't normally like any curtains on the windows but I bought some sheers because what the heck there is no heat coming through anyway.  (I really like the curtains for summer it's kinda a romantic beachy look..... I know yuck!!)

Wintertime the windows change (or the sun does) and the suns heat can now come through the windows, so every chance I get I'm soaking it up.  The warmth stays in the house and my furniture is not rotting away due to the UV rays.  The windows do have a tint to them so the bright beautiful sunlight house that I used to have isn't anymore, but I am getting used to it.

So my reviews

Spring - Thumbs Down..... extreme thumbs down
Summer - Okay
Fall - Thumbs Down
Winter - Thumbs Up
Would I put them in again?  Probably not because we love the summer heat, there is a lower version called Low-E that I would probably do again but not these.
Do I like the windows themselves?  Yes we love the style, opening factor and cleaning is easy.

Today with the windows closed up letting them do what they were designed for the temperature difference was 8-10 degrees cooler than outside.



Geeze I'm embrassed that my magazine stack is so huge and messy.  Sorry please ignore that, I have a hard time throwing away a magazine.  Now I'm going outside to enjoy the heat  :)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Realling wishing we had your windows this week. Monday night we went to the neighbors to cool Mallory down - she was a puddle and wouldn't go to bed. Tonight I took her for a drive in the AC of the truck to cool her down before bed. Oh and I must of got my magazine addiction from you and that is why you found every Seventeen magazine from 1995-97! : )