Monday, August 2, 2010

Beginning of August

It's only the beginning of August and the flowers already look crappy and ready for the compost pile.  Besides the plants looking tired they are drowning in soggy ground causing them to yellow and fall right out of the soil.  But the weeds are growing.....  My Coneflowers are helping to keep the color.




The mornings are dark again when I get up, which makes it really hard to drag myself out of bed, what am I going to do this winter?  I may have to switch to the after work exercise classes, of course it might help if I'd go to bed early once. 

The last week or so on my drive past a neighbors home I say a little prayer for him to find comfort in his last days with us.  Sadly hearing about another family going through this difficult time makes me want those days with my mom back again.  No matter how tough it is or how long they hang on, we on earth are selfish and not ready to let them go. 

This morning I gave a second glace to his home when driving by, not sure why at the time but his yard seemed different.  A few hours later I heard his fight was over, he's no longer in pain.  Rest in peace Terry, and may your family find the strength to hang onto the memories and the support to make new ones.


No comments: