Monday, August 30, 2010

Can I come in?

This little guy was begging to come in tonight so I let him in. 

So this visitor is begging me to tell you about John's dream Friday night, he'll be mad but don't tell him...... shhhhhh

So we wake up Saturday morning and while I'm wiping the sleep from my eyes here is our conversation

John - "I had a dream there was a talking monkey in our yard"
Me - laughing "a what?"
John - "A talking monkey, he was here when I got home from work"
Me - laughing a little harder because John was so serious about the whole monkey thing
John - "I thought I heard something when I left for work but it was dark so I didn't see him"
Me - "what did the monkey say"
John - "I asked him what he was doing here and he said "I've been here since 1AM"
Me - laughing uncontrollably by now
John - "What's so funny?" "The neighbor Paul and his dog Kesler came down and showed him the monkey but Kesler didn't like him so they fought and the monkey hopped up on the garage roof and hung there"
Me - "He hung on the garage roof?"
John - "Yes I can still see him hanging there"
Me - "I think you may need to talk to your son-in-law about this dream, I'm not sure what it means but it can't be good"
John - "Oh..... I had an Earl's Bar jacket on and I found seven dollars in the pocket"
Me - "You don't even have an Earl's Bar jacket"
John - "I did in my dream and I also had a talking monkey"

I called Lynn and could hardly tell her the story, she asked what color the monkey was and John said he was tan and wasn't a little monkey but a bigger one and had a tuff of hair on his head but he wasn't wearing any clothes.

Who dreams like this?  Certainly not me, I don't dream often and when I do I certainly can't remember any details, like $7 in the pocket of my Earl's Bar jacket. 

Here's our visitor, he may not be a monkey but he's still cute.  Adam will like him, I think I'll put him in his bedroom.




Are you suppose to take those warning stickers off your screens? I was afraid to, kinda like removing tags from your pillows.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok I almost peed myself.... LOL

L

jules said...

I have super weird dreams like that...they never make any sense.

Patti said...

I have an Earl's bar jacket but I definitely do not have a monkey! I do remember my dreams and they mostly do not make sense so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Lynn said...

I had a dream just the other night that I was shopping and found a bed spread that I really liked and then decided to paint it. Yes, painted it!

Dreams make me laugh hard! Especially when I have a husband who talks in his sleep - then they really make me laugh.