Tuesday, August 3, 2010

King Tutt

I have been watching this plant all summer waiting for it to go on sale, it's an annual and it's got a heafty price on it.  I keep checking on it to see if there is a sale that will knock it down in price for me to buy it.  Well after a visit to my sister's house on Sunday I seen King Tutt on her patio..... I fell in love.  King Tutt can grow in a pot, garden or even in the pond.  Monday (I didn't waste anytime, did I) I decided the 50% off wasn't going to get any lower and still have time for me to enjoy him before winter so I loaded him up in the back seat and found him a home in my pond. 

Mom story - So many, many years ago my mom was watching the prices on the plants to see if they would go low enough for her to rescue them from the hot summer heat of the nursery.  This one day we were having a garage sale at her house and she had to go to the bank so she drove off in a rush having to fit lots of stops into a short time.  Well she decided to quickly check on the plants so she drove into the parking lot, hopped out of the car and ran into the store.  Meanwhile a man asked who's blue car was in the parking lot.  It was her's but it was driving through the parking lot, down the driveway and into the highway.  She screams "oh that's me, oh my goodness it's driving away.......I left the car running for a faster stop and was in such a hurry I forgot to put the car in park".  Well the car stopped on a clump of gravel before heading across the highway, mom hopped in and drove away.  Of course she told the story to Gayle and didn't want her to tell anyone what happened but ohhhhh that was wayyyyyy to funny to keep to herself.

Later that night we called the bar (she was working), {we talked to Gayle about hiding her car previously} and asked her if her car was there.  You could just hear her looking for her car out the big window and said "No, but it was right here"....  I said "we just seen it drive by the house with no one driving"  I have to say that is the first and only time my mother hung up on me   :)

The photo I chose tonight to show you King Tutt isn't very good for seeing what he looks like but it's my favorite. 


2 comments:

wendy said...

your pictures are gorgeous as are you...every time i see one of your pictures...it makes me admire you all that much more...you let us IN your heart with your blog and pictures...and i'm not just saying that because i've had a bottle of wine either...hehehe.....love you!!!

wendy said...

your pictures are gorgeous as are you...every time i see one of your pictures...it makes me admire you all that much more...you let us IN your heart with your blog and pictures...and i'm not just saying that because i've had a bottle of wine either...hehehe.....love you!!!