Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Miss El

Today is Miss El's birthday.  I called her tonight to wish her a happy birthday and tease her about being 5.  I've been teasing her about being 5 since she turned 6, she hates it.  So I say to her "Elly you're 5 today" and she says "Grandma I'm going to be 9 next year".  She's not even 8 for a day and she's already thinking about turning 9, silly girl.  

So last night I went over to her house to help her frost and decorate her cupcakes .... that's a hard job for a one armed girl :)  Here's the birthday girl with her colorful birthday fishes.  




Hard to believe 8 years ago we struggled to understand what was happening to our baby girl.  I remember my sister-in-law telling me as I cried my eyes out "it's a life Connie".  Yep she was right and she changed our lives that day.  Love you Miss El

2 comments:

Laura's Journey said...

I REFUSE to believe she is 8 there is NO way 8 years have gone by since your first grand-baby arrived! And more important there is no way we have aged 8 years ( or are we like wine and get better with age?) Yup lets go with that.
Way to go Ms Elly keep grandma and grandpa on their toes.

arturlington said...

Wait till she turns 12 and repeats "I'm almost a teenager!"