Sunday, May 8, 2011

Easter - 2 weeks later

With the birth of Maxwell we didn't have Easter with all the kids, at home, finding their Easter Baskets, having a traditional Easter Egg Hunt.  So today 2 weeks later on Mother's Day we had Easter.  Elly comes into the house when they got here with her long sad face and says "Grandma is it Easter yet?"  "Yep Elly it's Easter at Grandma's today."  She squeals "It's about time"  

It was such a beautiful day we had the Easter Egg Hunt outside..... minus one egg.  I hid one in the bug shield of the truck and John took it to town (not knowing there was an egg hidden on it) and 5 miles later he got a bit of a scare as the egg came loose flew up and smashed on the side of the road.... money and all.  Let's just say some walker will be "finders keepers" some day.

Here all the Hunters all ready to start.



Garrett figured this hunt our quite fast.




Mallory needed a little help from Momma



Elly is getting so tall. 


Maxwell even found a few eggs while sleeping.... he's that's good already :)


Shawna, Mike and the boys came over and brought Mallory books..... that was it she was done hunting for eggs.   "Read Books"  That is the same thing Elly did, if we were at a parade and the church group handed out their books Elly was sitting on the curb with her nose in the book and the parade no longer mattered.  


This had to be my best Mother's Day ever..... the weather was great, the kids were so good and playing outside and with each other, Grandpa won Garrett over with the 4-wheeler.  Everyone took their turns holding Maxwell, and I got to enjoy everyone being there.  

Mother's Day are hard for those of us with our Mothers in heaven, I've had my share of tough Mother's Days and there isn't a day that goes by that I'd wish she was here to see my beautiful grandchildren.  I know she would be hunting for those eggs right next to them and doing something silly to make them laugh.  She is here with us everyday and today she helped make my day perfect, she made me who I am and she taught me how to be a Mother to 3 very important people in my life and I taught them to be truly wonderful Mommies.  

Happy Mother's Day to all of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot your warning that this post might make you cry!!! Thank goodness I read this right away in the morning so nobody seen me!
Shann

LisaS said...

very nicely put my friend!!!!!

L