Thursday, September 23, 2010

Water, water and more water

How much rain can this earth take?  Tonight on my drive home the neighbors yard is flooded, the creek is overflowing, the culverts are to their max, the ponds no longer have banks, there are rivers where rivers shouldn't be, and the windshield wipers keeping perfect rhythm with the song on the raaaadiioooooo (bring back memories Julie and Patty?).  The rain water is up to the doors, the driveways are flooded, the horses and cows are standing in water.  As I got closer I wondered how our yard looked. 

It was fine no flooding but as I entered the front door I hear a humming that does not stop and the sound of running water.  Our yard isn't flooded because it's all in the basement..... gotta love these old houses.

The reported rain fall for today is 4" and it's still coming. 
Two thousand ten the year of the duck.... quack, quack

2 comments:

Lynn said...

You should see our back yard. Disgusting! You want see a certain boy get angry... tell him his retaining wall washed away! Yup! It did! I don't know how we are ever suppose to get a garage built before winter now.

jules said...

I was actually singing it right as I read it.....