Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Day 1 and 2

Day 1 we arrived late afternoon to the Bahia Principe, Ambar 1, in the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana, it was an amazing view from our balcony.  I took a quick shot 

Then a quick shot down the hallway.

And a walk to the beach was necessary for our health.

And this is what we saw

And this......

We spent some time walking and exploring the beach and pool before heading back to the room to dress for dinner.  I only took one picture of the buffet but there could have been lots more with as big as it was.  

After dinner we had a few drinks, and few more and closed down the lobby bar.  

John and I didn't sleep well...... new place, too excited.... my throat started to hurt, it was painful to swallow.  The night was very long but as soon as morning came we rushed out of bed to hit the beach.  

We reserved chairs on the beach and at the pool, best of both worlds.

Our first drink of the day.

And the drinks continue at the pool.   If you're making a list of what to do or what not to do on vacation this is a DO.   Bring along insulated cups for drinks.

More beach and more walks on the beach

Kathy wanted to do this and she had me talked into it.  Maybe later in the week though.

On one of our walks there was a tractor trying to get rid of the seaweed that had washed up on the shore from a storm that had just happened the night before we arrived.   All those piles behind the tractor is seaweed and they lined the beaches.  

Many people were complaining about the seaweed but it certainly wasn't anyones fault, it's nature doing it's thing people.  Yes there was a lot of it, they did what they could to make it easy to around it but there was just so much of it that they couldn't keep up.  John and Paul were planning how they were going to quit their jobs and more there to pick up seaweed.  They thought it was a dream job.....

A little guy hunting for treasures.

I put the camera away for the rest of the day.  I promised myself that my camera wasn't going to lead our vacation, we were going to enjoy the moment and capture a bit of our paradise in small increments.  It worked and we have plenty of memories from what I did take.  

When back in our room before dinner we could sit on the balcony and watch the sunset.  It was always warm.  I am never a warm person I always need a sweater or jacket after the sun goes down..... the times we went to Mexico I always had a sweater with at night...... not once did I need sleeves of any kind.  

After dinner we had more drinks and I think we might have closed the lobby bar again.  Thinking the sun and fun would have caused us to sleep well tonight...... not so lucky.  John and I didn't sleep much at all.  This night my throat was worse and my lips were hurting terrible.  My night tossing and turning with my head thinking about what I was going to do with a sore throat that was getting worse and I was having a hard time swallowing.   A doctor visit in a foreign country didn't sound like fun to me.

More days to follow soon.......

No comments: