Thursday, July 14, 2011

More Jazzed Up Junk

How about more Jazzed Up Junk photos?  I have all the painted, planted, sanded stuff as my speciality but Jeannie has all the furniture, fabric, beaded stuff at her house.  I haven't taken my camera over there yet but I will this weekend so I can show you some of the cool porch type decor we have going on.  

Loving this sedum bird bath planter with hurricane lantern for night time enjoyment by the fire pit.  If you've never light candles in hurricanes on your patio at night you don't know what you're missing.  We have lots of them scattered around the yard, it's a beautiful site.  They're not just for weddings anymore!!

Below the birdbath is a wildflower adorned box that seriously was the ugliest thing I ever in my life created.  I couldn't believe that I wasted a perfectly good wood box...... it was ruined, it was gross, it made me swear.

So I took my favorite garage tool and was determined to get every spec removed and start over.  After lots of elbow grease and 3 sanding pads later this box is absolutely beautiful.  It can be used on the patio as a planter or on the porch as a remote control holder, who doesn't hate the 5 remotes that the guys need laying out in the open.  This will hide them and make a great conversation piece.  Bright colors in the garden and the sun porches screams summer.  My living room gets a burst of apple green every summer and looks totally different than the drab days of winter.  Find a fun bright color and splash it everywhere.  Better yet come to our sale and find your inspiration piece and we'll help you build off it.

We are less than 1 week away and the response Jeannie and I have gotten is over whelming.  We may just have a prize for the person that drives the longest distance.  This could become on addiction...... not that I don't have enough of them already, what's one more??



On the right side of the photo you can see a slight glimpse of another sedum type birdbath.  I am seriously having a hard time letting that go, after a bit of painting, welding, torching and planting it's been with me for most of the summer and I've become attached.  One lucky gardener will be very pleased to own her.

See you all soon {wink, wink}

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness! oh my goodness! You must seriously stop showing everyone!!! That birdbath on the right is already claimed! Bahahahaha!!! ; )

Anonymous said...

That's right--It's MINE!!! :)
Elaine