Wednesday, August 31, 2016

First Comes Love than comes CAKE

Cleaning out our garage was a tough job.  Cleaning 13 years of fly poop and spider webs along with a huge to-do pyramid of projects that have been collecting in my allotted space ((2'x2') John doesn't share very well with me in his garage) took me from the time the location change was decided until the week of the wedding to clean.  It was lots and lots of hard work, washing walls, fighting,sweeping, scrubbing, purging, fighting, moving, painting, fighting, and did I mention John and I might have had a few words for each other during this cleaning process?  But now that it's done I think he might just like a clean organized garage.  

This palette was in my to-do pyramid and I hated to throw it out so why not paint it for the wedding.  I think this might have been my favorite decoration and it took me 3 minutes from start to finish.  Photo credit for this one is to Elly my granddaughter.

Now to cover up the stuff that John won't let me hide move.  My steal of a deal (free) with multiple bolts of burlap came in pretty darn handy.  I've had them for years and knew that someday I would have a use for them.  

Monica wanted lanterns, deer horns, feathers, burlap, lace and flowers..... Yep I can do that.

These two chairs, coffee table, side table, shutter and toolbox came out of my pyramid.  So let's make a seating area for gifts and visiting.  The two white cabinets hold all my chalk paint and waxes so burlap helped to dress them up.  The long table is my chunky heavy farm table that I do all my painting on.  It worked great for the gifts.

Burlap and Lace to cover up the vintage snowmobile, even though John thought that wasn't nesseccary.  

Each lantern centerpiece had a painted tray for the pyramid.  The chalkboard was also in the pyramid pile.

This wall holds all the bungie cords, extension cords, straps..... and I pinky swore I wouldn't move them..... Little did he know that I would cover them up and it would become the head table area.

Bouquets were Hydrangea flowers from my bush and baby's breath that I threw together on Thursday.  

Elly took this photo also when she wandered around with my camera.  I seriously forgot that I gave it to her and was pretty excited with the photos she took with it.  I think my granddaughter might follow in my footsteps.

Monica had asked Jesse to say prayer before we ate.  Jesse is by far the best person to say a prayer and give everyone faith, love and tears........... and he outdid himself once again.  His prayer was thought out, written down and read with so much love.

Time for eating and kissing.

One shot from when guest were starting to filter inside to eat.

The cake table was a desk that was on the bottom of the to-do pyramid.  It's been there for years, it was actually the first thing I ever painted and it was in the upstairs bedroom for years and when Adam took that room over it came out to the garage and sat there.  It was a horrible black latex paint so I carried it out to the burn pitt...... and then I changed my mind and decided to put it in the garden to plant flowers in...... and then I changed my mind and painted it to put the cake on it.  

The doors behind are from a house my sisters and I salvage yeeeeaaaarrrrsssss ago. 

Monica's mom Ellie made the sweets for the cake table.  These cookies were seriously delicious, they were strawberry lemonade cookies.  And I might have ate one of the chocolate treats too.  YUM

Ellie also made the naked cake.  It was perfect.

Who's going to get messy?

No one!!!

First comes LOVE than come CAKE

This concludes the ceremony day for the wedding.  The next day was the reception at a campground. The families went to the campground on Friday night and had a big campfire and lots of laughs.  It was time to start relaxing and celebrating.  I'll be back with more posts from the reception that happened the next day.  

This wedding was simple, sweet and we couldn't have asked for anything more.  Their families were there, their kids were there, their friends were there and they were the happiest I've ever seen them.  

No comments: