Thursday, August 11, 2011

Missing Grandkids

My grandkids have been missing from this blog for some time now and I'll tell you why.........  Elly hates her picture being taken, Garrett and Elly run, jump, hide, scream, chase, and even sometimes cry, and Mr. Max is a fuss-bucket.  So when they are here I just enjoy them without the drama the camera causes.  

Tonight Lynn was bringing Mr Max over but she didn't want me to have to take care of fuss-bucket and chase Mally so she was leaving her home with daddy.  It took a lot of convincing but I finally got Lynn to agree to bring them both and I would be fine.  (I think she forgot I raised 3 children)  So we were set for tonight and then Shan calls and says "can you pick up Elly and G-Man tonight?"  Sure I can, but I thought to myself {Lynn better not find out}.  Well Shan told Lynn that I was going to have her two so she sends me an e-mail and says "I will leave Mally home, that's 4 kids you can't possibly want to take care of all 4 of them".  I told her all 4 would be fine and she better bring Mally or Elly and Garrett would be upset and she would soon learn that 2 kids is a lot of work but add #3 and/or #4 and it doesn't change much.  She e-mails back and says I guess you come from a family of 11 so 4 is no big deal to you.  I told her to remember Grandpa Earl on Father's day weekend with all his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren that were playing, running, jumping, screaming, fishing, biking, eating, and crying while he sat in his lawn chair with the biggest smile on his face and then he says "I think we need more kids in this family".  That's where I get it from.... there is never too many kids and there is always room for more.  

So tonight while I was here by myself with all 4 monsters Maximum decided to have fussy time so we walked and jiggled and talked and stripped him naked to try to dry him off from the sweat and drool.  He finally got comfy and I sweet talked the other 3 into taking one picture for me.  I told them it would be fun we would go outside and they could all squish together into one chair.  They all agreed, I didn't really think it would happen but I was willing to get what I could.  

IT WORKED, I love these kids (but remember there is always room for more) {wink, wink}


When Grandpa came home he got to give rides to the 3 monsters that hardly let him in the door and they're asking for a "4-eeler rides".


Poor Maximum doesn't get a ride yet but he sure is cute.  



No comments: