Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Life on the water and BBQ Ribs

This last weekend we went up north for an extended weekend for some time on the water and days and days of BBQ Ribs.  It was Pig in the Pines and that's my favorite event up north and again this year it didn't disappoint me.

Our first day we spent on the water from early morning until the sun was setting.  It was a beautiful summer day and we stopped on the sandbars to cool off.  This spot we found clams but we also found a rock that looked like a clam so I was asking John, who was on the boat taking pictures, if he could tell which one was the rock.  By the look on my face I don't think I liked touching them very much.  



I'm not sure what happened here but John is trying to take a nap so I covered him up with a towel and then for some reason I am doing the VICTORY sign. 



Lots and lots of eagles flew above us all day, they are huge birds.


Here we are stopping again and the sun is going down fast.



The next day was more sunshine, more cocktails and RIBS!!  We seen Mickey Dolan from the Monkies perform.  I don't remember the Monkies but I do recognized a couple of the songs, it was a good concert.  The fun part was watching the girls that grew up with the Monkies.  They wore their tie dyed shirts with pink glasses.  When Mickey sang the girls got all dreamy eyed, swayed back and forth and sang every word.  They clutched their hands together and held them over their hearts while closing their eyes.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are SO girly with those clams! Which one is the real one? You better watch out, John will start taking over your photography business!
Elaine