Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Past Weekend Event

Where have I been?  Has this blog been driving you crazy with no updates?  Sorry about that, I needed a break and had too much on my plate, but instead of writing about how busy I am and all the things going on that I can't keep up takes time away from trying to get my head above the water.  So instead this blog sat idol waiting for me...... Well it worked I am able to walk along the shore line with just letting my feet touching the water while a few waves hit me here and there, I'm sure some day I'll be back in treding water again but for now I'll try to get back my normal crazy life.

This past weekend I had the opportunity to photograph a very special heart warming event.  I'm choosing not to give a sneak peek for the event but I do have something from the weekend.  The event was away from home and involved a night's stay in a motel.  I also needed help during the event so Shawna and Mike came with us.  I'm so happy they were able to join us, we love spending time with them.

Of course before the event I needed to do some test shots and I usually delete them but this photo just has me cracking up so I had to share.  Thank you Shawna and Mike for spending time with John and I, we miss those "loose teeth" days.



Next is me, Elly called me the other night and did a Grandma interview for school.  She had a list of questions that I had to answer.  I think they need to update these questions... come on it is 2011

Grandma how did you get to school when you were my age? - "walked uphill both ways and the snow was as high as the telephone wires".....  (rode the bus just like you do)
What was your favorite food when you were my age? - "Lard sandwiches".......  this one stumped me I'm not a food person so to have a favorite isn't my thing.  I don't think I still have a favorite food but I told her pizza but really I don't remember even eating pizza when we were kids :)   It was roast and potatoes with homemade bread.....YUCK -I still don't like any of that.

I can't remember anymore of the questions but then she needed a photo of me....... so here's the hard part, what crazy photo am I going to give her..... the one with the big hat and fur coat with cat eye glasses, the one of me standing on a dresser in high heels, or how about the one of John and I looking like Green Acres.  I searched and searched and found the perfect one for her.... the one of me with the big nose and mustache holding the excited sign.  Yep, I'm sure Elly is so proud of her crazy grandma in school when all the other kids bring in their nice pictures of their grandmas.  The photo I gave her is probably at the bottom of her desk and she told the teacher she forgot it.  So for the sake of Miss El and a couple other reasons I had Shawna take a couple photos of me, smiling..... even showing my teeth..... yikes I know..... 



That photo looks like I'm running for president or secretary of the Army..... Maybe I'll get the big nose and mustache back out, it's more me.

One more..... I'm a head tipper, I don't know why it just happens. 


Now this grandma has to get ready for Grandbaby Number 4 in the next day or two. 

5 comments:

Tina said...

Way to go Connie . . . a picture of you smiling!!!! I'll have to show my aunt.

Tina said...

I'm sure all three of your victims are real impressed by being in this picture on your blog for everyone to see.

The Rau's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rau's said...

Yeah, thanks for this picture Connie...maybe we all should practice smiling next time.
Thanks for the fun weekend.

LisaS said...

GF- you look great in both photos!!

L