Sunday, July 11, 2010

My favorite..... but don't tell the others

Shannon comes over yesterday with the kids and was about an hour or so earlier than Lynn and Adam.  She wants me to sit down and enjoy the day, her company and the kids.  I did for 2 seconds, then I helped Garrett and Elly write on the chalkboard, then I sat down.  Two more seconds and I had to get a table to eat outside that we would all fit on...... then I sat down.  Two more seconds later I thought of a centerpiece I should have on the table...... then Elly wanted something from the garage.... then I should have red, white and blue flowers to go with the flag on the table..... then I took Garrett to the pond, then I sat down.  Then I needed to find the chairs, and the highchair for Mally, then I had to........   I didn't know this at the time but Shannon says to her father "if she sits down for more than 2 seconds when Lynn and Adam get here I'll know who's her favorite". 

Lynn and Adam get there and thank goodness I didn't sit down until we ate.  Lesson learned "sit down and enjoy your childrens company, they don't care about the food, the decorations, if the floor is sweep.... all they want is you and no favorites"

Shannon you are my favorite but don't tell the others :)





Lynn you're my favorite but don't tell the others  :)


Ohhhhh but Adam you are my favorite....... but don't tell your sisters   :)

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hah! I know exactly what you mean. I have trouble staying in my chair too. And everyone knows who my favorite(s) are. But I never tell.