Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Andee Lea has arrived

This morning when my eyes popped open I began to worry.... worry is what I do.

Having babies is hard work for everyone and grandma's were meant to worry so while I got ready for work I watched the clock and knew their every movement..... I bet they are packing up the truck..... Jr has to be dropped off by now...... they should be walking in the hospital..... it went on like this all morning in my mind.  I kept my cell phone on me until I heard something from Adam.  8:00 I was starting to check the phone to see if for some reason I didn't get the message.... 8:30 I had a meeting and (don't tell on me) but I don't think I heard a word that was said.... 9:00 I had others asking if I heard anything, emails were starting to pile in..... and no I hadn't heard anything yet.  Text message beeps...... just concerned family members letting us know they are thinking of them..... Time is dragging but at 9:16 a text comes in.  Now if you don't know Adam he is guy of not many words and is dyslexic so sometimes they are hard to read.  But his message was Andee is here 6.11 and 19.5.

I rattle on and on with a two page message asking tons of questions and I get a "Yap tired" back..... Yap is for baby is health and tired is for how's momma doing.  Now for most this would't be enough but for me coming from Adam this is heaven for my eyes. 

So of course I couldn't stay at work and actually pay attention so I took a early 20 minute lunch just so I could sneak a peek of our new little baby girl.  

I get to the hospital and momma is eating a breakfast sandwich = she's good.  Monica was so sick through this whole pregnancy so when she was hungry and could eat it meant she felt good.  Daddy was eating too and baby A was sleeping peacefully.  I snuck a peek at her and looked at her name tag on her little bed.  Her name is Andee Lea.  We knew her first name but not her middle name and when I seen it I choked up and tears came.  My mom would have loved to hold this baby and know that she shared her name.  Mom would always be the first person in the hospital to visit a baby (guess that's where I get it from) but she would have to run in and sit on the floor so she didn't faint.  She hated hospitals and the floor was the coldest place.  She held them babies right on the floor.

John snuck a visit in after he was done with work too.... he wasn't going to wait for me to get home.  And then we went back again at 6 with Grandma Great.  She was waiting all day to visit this new little baby girl.  


Grandpa holding his baby girl while she tries to suck her thumb.  


Lynn sent a message yesterday that said "good thing we are having another baby tomorrow cuz this little girl is standing up in the middle of the room trying to walk"  {crying ugly tears}...... my response   "push her over"  problem solved!!


Pretty baby all in pink - even her little cheeks


Jr was having a tough time, he didn't want to sit by momma, she had an IV and air socks on along with too many other things that made him point and say "hurt".... he was sad his momma was hurting and I think he didn't want to hurt her.  We finally got him to sit on daddy's lap so we could get them all in the same photo for the first time.


He was curious about baby and had to peek at her every once in awhile.


This was his little sad face... Damn he's a little cutie


Andee getting undressed for a wake up time.... didn't work she was tired and sleepy.  


Jr points to Andee...... hurt????

No comments: