Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Yellow

First day of Summer..... who knew??  COLD

Longest day of the year..... who knew??  DARK

I woke up this morning at 4:45, looked outside and said "where's the frickin' morning"  it was dark and made me want to stay in bed.  But I didn't, I went to Boot Camp and got my butt kicked, after 30 minutes of weights and cardio the instructor is still going strong.... 15 minutes later it's finally time for stretching.   You would think after almost a year and a half of this brutal treatment every morning that I would either be able to kick some major butt or quit this nonsense.... well neither has happened yet.   A couple weeks ago we had a guy instructor and his workout was nothing, it was so disappointing to have gotten up for that.  He had us do a few stretches, lunge across the floor, skip (yes I said skip), balance on one leg while squatting, and then sprint around cones like you used to do in grade school gym class.  We spent more time waiting in line to run the cones than we did any exercise.  Now lets fast forward to the next day....... OMG is all I could say as I threw my legs or stumps off the bed.  My feet hit the floor and every muscle in my legs hurt.  I still went to the gym for more torture and stretching hurt me terribly but soon I loosed up and all was good.  Now I'm at work and hurt so badly that every time I sat down or stood up I said "ouch" I walked like an old lady and took 4 advil throughout the day just so I could move.  That night I seriously could not walk up the steps, I couldn't sit on the couch, walk, stand, lay..... I wanted someone to take me to the doctor but I was afraid they would touch me.  I continuously complained (whined) to John until he humored me and paid attention to my complaints he says "holy shit dear your leg muscles are tight".  Every inch of my body hurt and then a week later "he's back again" and he has the nerve to say "how was last weeks workout" of course we all say "excellent" (in the sweetest voices possible just so he might take it easy on us girls) he does a similar routine and this time I was sore but not as bad.  

What that has to do with today's photo is......... nothing.  

1 comment:

arturlington said...

Hahaha, your workout details make me want to start a blog again! good for you. I think next year you ought to come to wyoming and run the Big Horn Mountail Trail Run (google it). 4.5 hours, 2634 calories later, and three days recovery, I think I can go to work tomorrow! Oh the things we do! Good for you and keep up the great work!